This short workshop covers the most common requests that homeowners, landlords and tenants want to more about in their homes. Explained in simple terminology, and with practice on fiddly -but unplugged in- electrical fittings, learners can leave feeling less wary about this familiar but invisible energy.
What You’ll Learn
During this 1 day basic electrical course you will learn:
• Health & Safety and PPE
• Using the correct tools and equipment
• How wiring systems work
• Consumer units with the correct RCD
• Practice changing dimmer units
• Practice how to change a socket
• Practice how to change a light
• How to install and change ceiling spot lights
How You’ll Learn
The principles of basic electrics will be taught in a hands-on fashion. The course is entirely work-shop based under the guidance of our instructors who will ensure that you finish your training with the confidence to tackle your required jobs at home or may even help to identify a career path into electrics.